Project Description

Jaguar XK120

Jaguar XK120 OTS SE (Special Equipment) 3.4 Litre

Price

€139,000

Year

1953

Mls/Kms

41,173 miles

Interested? Call +49 172 523 8415

Email Enquiry

Require Finance?

History File

A Heritage Trust Certificate confirms that this Jaguar XK120 OTS SE (Special Equipment) 3.4 Litre was produced at the Brown Lane factory, Coventry in England on the 9th September 1953. Chassis number: S674263 was then dispatched to the official Jaguar Distributor and Importer Max Hoffman in Michigan, USA. The car is initially registered on the other side of Lake Michigan in Wisconsin until around 1962, where it appears to have been dismantled before re-surfacing again in 1991 in a barn with just 38,000 miles. Now owned by Mr Paul Kegel, the car is then restored by Ken’s Klassik’s near Wisconsin before being sold to Mr Pat McGarity, who worked for Ford. Following a comprehensive restoration in the early 1990’s, this ‘matching numbers’ example would go on to achieve Concourse winning status between 1994 and 2005 and indeed become well know on Americas west side. In 2008 the car is offered by the renowned Sotheby’s RM Auctions Rochester, where it would achieve $113,300 and is believed to have been purchased by the well-known Mexican collector, Jaime Muldoon. In 2013 the car is sold by Driver’s Source in Houston, Texas to the current owner who Historically registered the car in Germany in 2013. The car is also eligible for Mille Miglia.

Exterior

Considering the restoration was completed some 30 years ago the exterior presentation is still remarkable. Yes, there are a few small time-related blemishes but, all in all, it’s still in wonderful gleaming condition, despite being an older restoration. A couple of marks have appeared at the top of the boot where the roof has been taken down and are depicted below. It left the factory with black livery but during the frame-off restoration, it would emerge in the correct Jaguar Red we see today. The spats were factory omitted as they gave insufficient clearance for the chromed, two-eared Rudge-Whitworth knockoff hubs in accordance with the correct factory SE specification. The biscuit all-weather equipment is in superb condition.

Interior

Finished in biscuit – as per factory specification – and confirmed in the cars 2008 Sotheby’s sales expose, the restoration work was carried out by the renowned G. W. Bartlett in Indiana, now known as Muncie Imports & Classics. Again, considering the work was carried out almost 30 years ago, it’s still in lovely condition today and is a sumptuous place to be. The tonneau cover bares a small 3cm scar on the driver’s side which has been repaired.

Engine & Transmission

Heritage Trust have confirmed that this particular car left the Coventry factory with SE (Special Equipment) ordered up-grades: high lift camshafts; wire wheels; twin exhausts as per chassis number S674263. The straight-6 DOHC 3441cc Engine number: W9703-8S subsequently produces a healthy 180bhp which is 20bhp higher than the standard unit. During 2015 and 2016 the current owner continued to improve this great car by completely overhauling the engine: crankshaft, fly-wheel, timing chain plus much more were given attention, along with a full gearbox and clutch rebuild.

Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

The factory ordered Chromium plated wire wheels with two-eared Rudge-Whitworth knockoff hubs, which were part of the original special equipment specification, are gleaming in all 4 corners and are accompanied with Michelin 185 R16 Radial tyres.

Contact us about this car